Joseph Homes knows that life events will change your new home needs. Whether you are currently purchasing an entry level, step-up or custom home, your needs will likely change sometime in future. By providing our homebuyers with a quality experience, we believe they will choose Joseph Homes for their next home as well. We strive to be our customer’s builder for life.
From our detailed punch out work at closing and comprehensive warranty service to our sub-contractor support, attractive referral program and supplier discounts, we are committed to the highest standards of customer service.
We are proud of the quality of each and every home we build, and we want to make sure you are completely satisfied with your new home. This list is to help you be prepared to make sure everything in your new home is in working order before your pre-closing walkthrough.
- Turn on the heater and listen to it go on.
- Check that air is coming out of all the vents or check if radiators or convectors are getting warm to the touch.
- Turn up the thermostat at least five degrees over room temperature. Make sure the heater continues to run and then shuts off.
- Turn on the air conditioner and listen to it go on.
- Check that cool air is coming out of all the vents.
- Turn down the thermostat at least five degrees under room temperature. Make sure the air conditioner continues to run and then shuts off.
- Inspect each light fixture to make sure it is fully-installed and that there are no broken parts to the fixture.
- Turn on each light switch and fixture to test that it works correctly.
- Plug a radio into each electrical outlet to be sure that the outlet functions.
- Test the doorbell.
- Check every faucet to make they turn on and off easily.
- Run every fixture for five minutes. Check for leaks from the base of the fixture and drips from the faucet.
- Check countertops for scratches and abrasions.
- Inspect the front of each cabinet for a smooth finish.
- Open every cabinet. Look for sturdy hinges and hardware.
- Pull out every drawer as far as possible. Be sure each drawer pulls in and out smoothly.
- Turn on each appliance and make sure that it functions correctly.
- Inspect the bathtub, shower, sink and toilet for chips and cracks.
- Close the bathtub and sink stopper. Add a couple of inches of water. Wait two to three minutes to be sure the stopper does not leak.
- Flush every toilet. Check for leaks around the base of the toilet.
- Sit on the toilet to make sure it is securely fastened to the floor.
- Check glass to make sure there are no cracks.
- Open every window to its fullest and then close it tight. Hold a lit match or lighter around the edges of the window. A flickering flame will signal an air leak.
- Check each for sturdy hinges and hardware.
- Be sure there is a screen tightly installed on every window. Look for holes or tears in the screen.
- Open and close all doors to their fullest and then close. Look for a smooth operation of the hinge with no dragging at the bottom of the door.
- Make sure all sides of the door are painted, including the tops, bottoms and edges.
- Lock and unlock every door. Look for a smooth operation of the lock with no binding.
- Check the threshold under every door to be sure there is no open space under the door.
- Check the finish for the desired level of smoothness.
- Check drywall for visible seams or nail heads.
- Confirm that paint and varnish colors are correct.
- Check floor and ceiling moldings.
- Look for a smooth finish with no protruding nail heads. Check for gaps that may need caulking.
- Look for broken, chipped or cracked floor and wall tiles. Check for missing grout. Look for scuff marks on hardwood, tile and linoleum flooring.
- Check carpeted areas. Look for loose fitting carpet at the edges or in the middle of the room.
- Check the sturdiness of the construction.
- Be sure that there are no exposed nails or screws.
- Open and close the door. Be sure the door opens and closes completely.
- If there is an automatic garage door opener, test the door from the wall switch and the remote control openers. Open the door half way and then quickly stop the opening. Place a small item like a bucket under the open door and then close the door to test the reversing device. Be sure that the light bulb in the automatic door opener is functioning.
- Check the walls for cracks and water damage.
- Check attic ventilation system. Manually turn any fans or blades.
- Check exterior paint for defects. Be sure it is the correct color and that all surfaces are evenly covered.
- Check to make sure all gutters and downspouts are installed.
- Be sure there are no cracks in the garage floor, driveway or patio.
Joseph Homes is committed to protecting your home investment by providing you a comprehensive One Year Warranty Plan. Your home warranty plan provides you peace of mind with coverage for roofing, windows, appliances, cabinets and plumbing fixtures.
If you should have a problem requiring our warranty service, submit a warranty request. We will review your request and schedule an appointment to inspect and repair any warranted defects. We do our best to complete all work orders within 10 days and our subcontractors have been advised to maintain this level of service.
SUBMIT A WARRANTY REQUEST
SUB-CONTRACTOR / SUPPLIER LIST
|Heating & Cooling||Mechanical Technologies||915-544-1550*|
|Lighting Supplier||Long Horn Lighting||915-345-3794|
|Landscaper (East)||Juan Rubio||915-383-3970|
|Prewire & Alarm||AV Concepts||915-307-3607|
|Windows & Garage Doors||AAA Glass||915-525-4589|
*24 Hour Service
|Texas Gas Service||1-800-700-2443|
|El Paso Irrigation District||915-859-4186|
|El Paso Water Utilities||915-594-5566|
|El Paso Electric||915-543-5970|
|Time and Weather||915-533-7744|
|El Paso Times||915-546-6100|
|Motor Vehicle Registration||915-546-2140|
|El Paso ISD||915-779-3781|
HOMEOWNER REFERRAL PROGRAM
As a Joseph Homes customer, you have the opportunity to participate in our Homeowner Referral Program and provide us with valuable input on how well we met your needs. Since we started our company in 2005, we have found that our customers are the best resource for sharing the Joseph Homes experience.
Over the years, many of our customers have shared their appreciation for our great designs, quality construction and reliable service with family, friends and co-workers. To thank our loyal customers, we created the Joseph Homes Referral Program. When you share your Joseph Homes experience and it results in the purchase of a new home, we will give you a finder’s fee of $500. In addition to your finder’s fee, we will cover the closing costs on your next Joseph Homes purchase.
Joseph Homes values customer feedback and we encourage independent reviews. Reviews are an effective way to share your experience and provide us valuable input to help us continuously improve. When you provide your independent review on Google or Yahoo, we will reward you with dinner for two at one of El Paso’s great local restaurants. We appreciate our customers and are thankful for the opportunity to provide the most intimate part of family life – your home.
We are committed to building quality homes and providing great service, and we hope you will share your Joseph Homes experience with others.
Joseph Homes Owner & President
As President of Joseph Homes, I want to personally thank you for purchasing one of our homes. I know that there are many choices of home builders in El Paso and I am thankful that you put your trust in us. As a valued Joseph Homes customer, I want to show you our appreciation by extending a supplier discount for as long as you own your Joseph Home.
As the owner of a Joseph Home, you are entitled to a 10% supplier discount at Foxworth-Galbraith Lumber Company. So whether you are adding a deck or room addition, remodeling your kitchen, replacing your roof, doors or windows, you will receive a 10% discount as long as you own your home. Your discount will cover the product categories at Foxworth-Galbraith below.
- Door Hardware